In preparation for our first booth at the Brooklyn Flea, I built a “robot arena”. It all started with the purchase of a folding table from craigslist. However, a normal folding table was just too boring for our booth so I had to come up with a way to make it look more robot-like and fun!
- The table had to be easy to transport
- Had to look cool and robot-like
- Had to have some way to make sure the robots didn’t fall… broken robots are certainly not as fun!
- Had to be inexpensive
- Purple foam rubber sheets from Canal Rubber (Man, what a great store!)
- 32 6″ 1/4-20 bolts from Home Depot
- 210 1/4-20 nuts
- 24′ of bright licorice red tubing from Canal Rubber
- 48′ of shiny black tubing from Canal Rubber
- Two full rolls of double-sided tape
- A sharp utility knife
- A bit of patience
A few hours later and you have a pretty nice looking robot arena all set and ready to make it’s Brooklyn Flea debut!