Are you a public school teacher or administrator and want to incorporate robotics into your curriculum? Look no further!
Intro to Coding with Hummingbird Robotics (3rd-7th grades)
- A full understanding of how to use the Hummingbird Robotics kit. This versatile platform was designed at Carnegie Mellon’s CREATE lab.
- A Hummingbird Base Kit
- Example lessons and projects to do with your students.
- All trainings are 5 hours (9:00am-2:00pm)
- Light breakfast & pizza lunch are provided
- All training includes the cost of a Hummingbird Base Kit ($159 MSRP)
- Optional Class Room Kits available for discounted rates if purchased during registration
- Thursday, April 19th- South Slope
- Friday, April 20th- Tribeca
- Monday, May 21st- UES
- Thursday, May 24th- Atlantic
- $330 for Training – includes Base Kit ($159 MSRP)
- Optional Add Ons:
Below is a video of kids at the Foundry who are currently taking our Coding session. During this program, we explore all the ins and outs of the Hummingbird Robotics platform. We love it because it is way more versatile and open-ended than other things on the market. The components are are completely exposed which allows for totally free-form building. This kit gives the kids an amazing amount of freedom to learn and create insanely unique projects.
Introduction to Mechanics and Electronics (2nd-4th grades)
You will walk away with:
- A detailed lesson plan outlining how to integrate 3 robotic projects into your classroom.
- An overview of experiments that can be done with the robots (e.g. adding or subtracting variables to adjust the robots course, how to create or lessen vibration, etc.).
- Large magnetic images of circuit components to be used for visual aids in teaching.
- FAQ’s and a troubleshooting page.
- Online links and sources for teaching.
- Gif’s and images for easy teacher reference.
- List of safety protocols.
- List of relevant vocabulary and definitions.
- Discount coupons for field trips and future trainings.
- $250 for 6 hour training plus options $200 classroom pack
We have created a training schedule that makes our program incredibly accessible, even to folks who have little to no experience with electronics.
The one day training lasts six hours and costs $250.
There is an additional optional classroom pack material fee of $200. The classroom pack is designed to be used in classrooms setting where you will be working in small groups of 5-6 kids. There will be enough materials for 5 groups to work concurrently. You don’t have to buy the classroom material from us but you may find it easier than having to purchase the materials yourself. We will provide you with sourcing information if you choose to go that route. The classroom packs are reusable.
Want to be added to our mailing list? Fill out the information below!
For questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org