As we re-introduce our in-person programs, we will continue put the safety of our staff and students first. We follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the New York City Department of Health (DOH) for managing our physical spaces and our daily programs.
In adherence to the Key to NYC guidelines, everyone 5 years and older is required to show proof of the currently mandated levels of approved COVID-19 vaccine to enter our facilities.
In addition, we will be conducting health surveys and temperature checks for all students.
- Drop-off (and pick-up) will occur outside the main entrance.
- Proof of vaccination must be shown each day.
- Everyone must wear a mask at entrance area and inside of the space at all times, except when eating/drinking.
- Students will be screened for Covid symptoms upon arrival, including temperature checks and screening questions.
- Only employees and students will enter the space.
Throughout the Day:
- All people must wear masks at all times indoors, except when eating/drinking
- Children will have designated workstations, spaced three feat apart from others.
- All of our teachers are fully vaccinated and “boosted”. We require vaccinations for children in compliance with the current Key to NYC rules.
- We will make an effort to spend a significant amount of time outdoors, as weather permits.
- Each child will have their own tools and craft supplies. Sharing of objects is to be minimized, when not avoided completely.
- Each child will have a designated cubby for their belongings
- Children will not share toys without proper sterilization in between use
- All activities will involve little or no physical contact between children
- Children will be monitored for possible illness throughout their time on site
- For full-week sessions, staffing will be rotated so only one group of teachers will work with one group of children each week.
- We adhere to current CDC and DOH hygiene, cleaning, and disinfection requirements
Remember, anyone who is feeling sick should remain home.
- Any staff who feel sick or show any symptoms of illness will be instructed to remain at home until securing a negative COVID test.
- Parents are asked to keep their children home if anyone in their household is feeling unwell or showing symptoms of illness, of if they have been in close contact with anyone who recently tested positive for COVID-19.
- If children, or members of their household, test positive for COVID-19, children may not return to program until after quarantine is complete.