Finally, parents get to stay in the room for this one! Family Club is a super fun way for parents and elementary-age children to bond while they collaborate on a different robot project each week!
Parent/child partnerships meet in our online classroom either Mondays or Thursdays (the same day each week) for 4 weeks from 6:30-7:30pm EDT. Each Family Club will have a limit of 8 families to 1 teacher, to ensure plenty of individual attention. You can coordinate with your friends, for a fun evening “together”, or let us place you in a group and make new friends!
This limited capacity series is only offered twice a year, so don’t miss out!
Mondays: June 1, 8, 15 & 22
160 $120 until May 15th!
Thursdays: June 4, 11, 18 & 25
160 $120 until May 15th!
Registration closes May 21st, so we can be sure to get you all of the materials on time.
Kits will be shipped on May 22nd.
- What materials will I need for this class? We will send you a package with all of the necessary robot parts for all 4 projects. You will need a computer or iPad with a working camera and microphone, as well as the Zoom app. We will provide you with a how-to guide on using Zoom for the class.
In addition, you will need:
– a #1 screwdriver
– a glue gun
– craft supplies to decorate your robots
If you don’t already own these things, you can order our Tool add-on when you purchase the session or order in larger amounts directly from our Amazon wish list.
- Is it okay if my child has never taken a class with you before? Yes, no problem at all!
- My child is very mature for their age but is not yet 6 years old. Can we sign up for the session? Sorry, but we are strict with ages and grade levels, to ensure everyone enjoys the class. Instead, please check out our Mini Makers sessions, which are a great way to build alongside your 2-5yr old.
- Can more than one child attend? Yes! If you have multiple children between the ages 6-11 in the same household, then you just have to register for the class once and order the corresponding number of robot kits so each child will have their own.
- Are there any make-up classes? Unfortunately we don’t have a way to offer makeup for Clubs. The sessions are really short and there isn’t a way to offer the project again for one family that misses a session.
- My child was in your summer session and/or one of your other after school program. Will the curriculum for this program be different? We do often use some of our more popular robots from other sessions in Family Club. The projects we’ll be building this spring are shown above.