Brooklyn Robot Foundry introduces kids nursery-age through middle-school years to the magic of robotics, mechanics, and coding. We offer highly popular After School Classes, Summer sessions, Birthday Parties, and so much more. This is a woman-owned company focused on expanding kids’ ideas about what technology can be and who can do it.
You will be joining an incredible team of diverse individuals. Our welcoming, compassionate culture is the backbone of the business and is the reason we have survived the pandemic and thrived in the current economic uncertainty. We are kind, respectful and very team focused. We look for individuals who are creative, open communicators and good listeners. We want people who can take feedback with open arms and give feedback with kindness and respect. We look for people who are problem solvers and interested in sharing their creative ideas on how to make the business grown and improve. There is a real kindness on our team and a beautiful group of individuals who approach challenges with compassion and a sense of humor. Laughing is an important part of how we communicate.
Director of Adminstration
Due to COVID 19, we have pivoted our business model from in person classes to all online sessions and are now shipping materials directly to customers. We are seeking an experienced Controller to join our team as we pivot and expand this new model. In this role, you will be responsible for strategic finance functions and oversight of operational finance. The Controller will manage the annual operating budget to ensure that important financial goals and milestones are met. The Controller will report to the CEO while also partnering with other management team members to help meet our goals.
• Complete ownership in refining and developing accounting infrastructure, systems, and processes.
• Complete ownership of HR processes and procedures including insurance, benefits, and ultimately payroll/staffing/scheduling.
• Oversee the annual and long-term budgeting process and cost management
• Develop financial business plans and forecasts to ensure capital is allocated responsibly
• Own all strategic finance initiatives including FP&A and Accounting functions, all internal financial processes, and all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial planning and budgeting efforts. Actively participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives
• Ensure monthly financials are closed in a timely manner and appropriate documentation is maintained.
• Assist in the ongoing management of business banking, audit, and tax.
• Oversee preparation process and accounting partner for financial statements
• Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
• In charge of relationship with bookkeeper and accountant to ensure business compliance.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Excellent computer skills, including QuickBooks, and Google Suite
• Excellent communication skills and ability to translate accounting and HR terms/concepts/ideas to non finance/HR team members
• Communicator who can engage with a 30 person team of individuals with very different communication needs.
• Experience managing 2-5 people.
• Capable of owning all financial processes, accounting, and metrics.
• Capable of owning all HR related functions
• Strong analytical mind with advanced expertise in corporate finance, operational KPIs and financial data, accounting principles and procedures
• A strong desire for ownership – taking responsibility for a project from end to end, being detail oriented and highly organized, and working cross functionally
• Entrepreneurial, creative, and comfortable developing structures and process from scratch.
• Ability to work seamlessly, compassionately and kindly with a beautifully diverse team with a sense of humor. There is a real lightness and kindness across the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
• CPA preferred.
• 7-10 years of experience in business, finance and operations
• Strong knowledge of corporate finance, GAAP, IFRS
• Experience in MRP implementation
• Experience at a high growth company preferred within ecommerce or consumer products
• Experience working in an industry that sells physical products with a production/assembly facility.
Compensation & Benefits
Full Time: $150,000 + Benefits
Thanks! Brooklyn Robot Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO