This 4-class course is a super fun way to introduce engineering to our smallest builders (2-5yrs old)! Children work alongside their grown-up to build a new robot each week.
Our Mini Robot Makers classes have a different format than our other classes, to help make the robotics concepts even more accessible. Each class will begin with a story, featuring our signature Robot Foundry characters Adrien and DJ. The story will not only entertain the children, it will introduce that day’s engineering concept and robot project. Then the children (with some help from their grown-ups) will build their own robot, just like the characters from the story!
We will be offering 3 different versions of these classes, featuring completely different projects, so families can take multiple sessions without repeating projects. Each session is stand-alone, which means they can be taken in any order.
Each student will be sent a package containing all of the parts to make the 4 unique robots for that set of classes. You will have the option of buying an additional tool/supplies kit or you can use items you have at home (screwdriver, tape, etc.).
Our summer classes will meet twice a week for 2 weeks at 9am EDT, 1pm EDT (10am PDT) or 3pm EDT (12pm PDT).
|Time||Class Dates||Project Set||Spots Available|
|Mondays & Wednesdays||1p EDT||July 27, 29 August 3, 5||Mini B||0|
|Tuesdays & Thursdays||1p EDT||July 28, 30 August 4, 6||Mini 1||0|
|Mondays & Wednesdays||3p EDT||August 3, 5 10 & 12||Mini B||1|
|Tuesdays & Thursdays||1p EDT||August 4, 6, 11 & 13||Mini 1||2|
|Mondays & Wednesdays||1p EDT||August 10, 12, 17 & 19||Mini C||0|
|Tuesdays & Thursdays||1p EDT||August 11, 13, 18 & 20||Mini B||0|
|Mondays & Wednesdays||9a EDT||August 17,19, 24 & 26||Mini C||0|
|Mondays & Wednesdays||1p EDT||August 17,19, 24 & 26||Mini B||4|
|Mondays & Wednesdays||3p EDT||August 17,19, 24 & 26||Mini 1||5|
|Tuesdays & Thursdays||9a EDT||August 18, 20, 25 & 27||Mini 1||3|
|Tuesdays & Thursdays||3p EDT||August 18, 20, 25 & 27||Mini C||0|
*Class availability for purchase may not match openings above, as there is a lag time between ordering kits and being placed into specific classes, due to unpredictable shipping times.
Cost per session: $160
$40 for any additional siblings within same household
HOW TO REGISTER:
The registration process for our virtual classes is very different than our normal system, so please read the following information:
- The first step is to order your robot kits for whichever classes you would like to take. As you will see, while you are purchasing certain types of classes, you will not be choosing any specific class days/times at this point. The reason for this is you will need to have all of your robot parts in hand to enjoy the classes, and we can not predict shipping times.
- Please contact us as soon as you receive your kits, so we can place you into specific class times. We regularly update our website with availability in each of our classes, so you can check that as a reference. Please note, that a class may fill up in the time between ordering and receiving your kit. We will do our best to get you into the next open class that meets your schedule.
- We will send you the Zoom information for your specific class time so you and your child can log in and get building!
- Is it okay if my child has never taken a class with you before? Yes! We love meeting new students and we will be starting every new semester with the basics, so no one will ever feel behind.
- My child is very mature for their age, may I sign them up for a session that is above their grade level? Sorry, but we are strict with ages and grade levels. The child must be enrolled in the grade that is listed on that program.
- Are there any make-up classes? We will do our best to schedule another online session for your child for the project that they missed. The makeup class will have to be on a different day and/or time than their normal class. It may be the same week as another class, or later into their semester.
- What is your cancellation policy? See our cancellation policy.
- What do we need for the class? You will need a computer or iPad with a working camera and microphone, as well as the Zoom app. We will provide you with a how-to guide on using Zoom for the class. We will also provide you with a list of basics, many of which you probably already own. In the case that you don’t have something, you can easily order it directly from our Amazon wish list. Or order one of our Tool add-ons when you purchase the session.