This 4-week course is a super fun way to introduce engineering to our smallest builders (2-5yrs old)! Our Mini Robot Makers classes have a different format than our other classes, to help make the robotics concepts even more accessible.
These classes require that a grown-up to work alongside their child.
Each class will begin with a story, featuring our signature Robot Foundry characters Adrien and DJ. The story will not only entertain the children, it will introduce that week’s engineering concept and robot project. Then the children (with some help from their grown-ups) will build their own robot, just like the characters from the story!
Each student will be sent a package containing all of the parts to make 4 unique robot. You will have the option of buying an additional tool/supplies kit or you can use items you have at home(screwdriver, tape, etc.).
Classes will begin in May and will continue to start on a rolling basis. Students will meet at the same day and time each week for 4 weeks. Classes are currently being offered weekdays at 10am and 12pm EST.
We hope to offer additional 4-week sessions, featuring completely different robots, so students can continue to progress in their STEAM education. Please be patient as we plan this curriculum!
|Mondays||12p||May 18 June 1, 8, 15|
|Tuesdays||12p||May 19, 26 June 2, 9|
|Thursdays||12p||May 21, 28 June 4, 11|
|Tuesdays||10a||May 26 June 2, 9, 16|
|Thursdays||10a||May 28 June 4, 11, 18|
|Mondays||10a||June 1, 8, 15, 22|
|Mondays||12p||June 1, 8, 15, 22|
|Tuesdays||12p||June 2, 9, 16, 23|
|Thursdays||12p||June 4, 11, 18, 25|
|Mondays & Wednesdays||10a||June 22, 24. 29 & July 1|
|Mondays & Wednesdays||12p||June 22, 24. 29 & July 1|
Cost per session: $160
$40 for any additional siblings within same household
- Is it okay if my child has never taken a class with you before? Yes! We love meeting new students and we will be starting every new semester with the basics, so no one will ever feel behind.
- My child is very mature for their age, may I sign them up for a session that is above their grade level? Sorry, but we are strict with ages and grade levels. The child must be enrolled in the grade that is listed on that program.
- Are there any make-up classes? We will do our best to schedule another online session for your child for the project that they missed. The makeup class will have to be on a different day and/or time than their normal class. It may be the same week as another class, or later into their semester.
- What is your cancellation policy? See our cancellation policy.
- What do we need for the class? You will need a computer or iPad with a working camera and microphone, as well as the Zoom app. We will provide you with a how-to guide on using Zoom for the class. We will also provide you with a list of basics, many of which you probably already own. In the case that you don’t have something, you can easily order it directly from our Amazon wish list. Or order one of our Tool add-ons when you purchase the session.