We’re going from the carnival, to under the sea, to outer space, and much more with our amazing online summer program!
Summer Circuits are our week-long virtual summer programs that feature 3 hours of games, crafts, movement and of course, our signature robot-making! Children will be engaged, entertained and educated with the variety of programming every day.
We offer two sessions each week – choose one or both!
9a – 12p ET / 6-9a PT
1 – 4p ET / 10a-1p PT
Robot Builders (6-9 years old)
|WEEK||DATES||9a-12p ET / 6-9a PT||1-4p ET / 10a-1p PT|
|1||June 28 – July 2||Create-A-Carnival SOLD OUT||Ocean Expedition SOLD OUT|
|2||July 5 – 9||Camping Trip SOLD OUT||New Bot City SOLD OUT|
|3||July 12 – 16||Ocean Expedition SOLD OUT||Create-A-Carnival SOLD OUT|
|4||July 19 – 23||New Bot City SOLD OUT||Camping Trip SOLD OUT|
|5||July 26 – 30||Create-A-Carnival||Ocean Expedition SOLD OUT|
|6||Aug 2 – 6||Camping Trip||New Bot City|
|7||Aug 9 – 13||Ocean Expedition SOLD OUT||Create-a-Carnival SOLD OUT|
|8||Aug 16 – 20||New Bot City SOLD OUT||Camping Trip SOLD OUT|
|9||Aug 23 – 27||Create-a-Carnival SOLD OUT||Ocean Expedition SOLD OUT|
|10||Aug 30 – Sept 3||Camping Trip 3 SPOTS||New Bot City SOLD OUT|
Robot Inventors (8-12 years old)
|WEEK||DATES||9a-12p ET / 6-9a PT||1-4p ET / 10a-1p PT|
|1||June 28 – July 2||Galaxy Hop SOLD OUT||DIY Design SOLD OUT|
|2||July 5 – 9||DIY Design SOLD OUT||Galaxy Hop SOLD OUT|
|3||July 12 – 16||Galaxy Hop SOLD OUT||DIY Design SOLD OUT|
|4||July 19 – 23||DIY Design SOLD OUT||Galaxy Hop SOLD OUT|
|5||July 26 – 30||Galaxy Hop||DIY Design SOLD OUT|
|6||Aug 2 – 6||DIY Design||Galaxy Hop SOLD OUT|
|7||Aug 9 – 13||Galaxy Hop SOLD OUT||DIY Design SOLD OUT|
|8||Aug 16 – 20||DIY Design SOLD OUT||Galaxy Hop SOLD OUT|
|9||Aug 23 – 27||Galaxy Hop 2 SPOTS||DIY Design SOLD OUT|
|10||Aug 30 – Sept 3||DIY Design SOLD OUT||Galaxy Hop|
We will also be holding single day Funday sessions from June 16-25 and September 7-10. Read more here.
Create-A-Carnival: We’ll be making lots of rides and games, as well as little characters to enjoy them. Whether the final setup is a state fair, amusement park, or traveling carnival, the details are up to you. (6-9yrs)
Ocean Expedition: No need for a beach vacation. This aquatic theme will have us building everything from fish robots to boats and searching for lost undersea treasures! (6-9yrs)
Camping Trip: We’re heading for the robot woods, where we’ll enjoy the night sky, woodland creatures, and fun games. There are no bugs here – unless you build them! (6-9yrs)
New Bot City: Design your own city with really cool robots, highlighting some our favorite aspects of city life: bright lights, cool buildings, food trucks, pizza and so much more! Naming rights are all yours. (6-9yrs)
Galaxy Hop: Mars or bust – it’s time for an interstellar adventure! We’ve got some awesome space robots ready for this week but our Inventors are encouraged to go off-script and create bots of their own design. (8-12yrs)
DIY Design: We’ll be making robots that help beautify our homes, from decor to wearables. As with all of our Inventor programs, these ideas are just a starting point – the final ideas are up to each Inventor! (8-12yrs)
$300 + $75 materials fee ($375 total per week)
*All programs now require a one-time tool kit purchase for each child. Please keep the tools for future classes.
Standard Shipping – 10 days before start
Express Shipping – Thursday prior
Curbside Pickup – Friday prior
- What will my child need? We will be sending you all of the robot parts, as well as a tool kit, so you will only need the following:
– A computer or iPad with Zoom.
– Craft items (glue, markers, paper, etc.). These items are also available as an add-on option that can be sent with your robot kit.
– a daily snack
- How many weeks can my child attend? Is there an order? Each theme features completely unique projects. And we love them all, so of course we recommend signing up for every one! Each theme is stand-alone and can be taken in any order. However, we do not recommend repeating any particular theme.
- What is the difference between Robot Builders and Robot Inventors? Robot Builders is aimed our our newest and youngest builders, with projects and other activities to suit their skill level. Robot Inventors is aimed at our more experienced and older builders, with projects best suited for their skill level. Students who have taken multiple programs with us will enjoy the open-ended opportunities that the Inventors program allows.
- I have an 8.5-year old, which program should they take? If your child is new to the Robot Foundry, they will probably enjoy starting with the Robot Builders program for as many weeks as they choose, and then taking the Robot Inventors program once they are more familiar with our building process.
If your child has been with the Foundry for a while, you can choose either, or both! Please note that the Robot Inventors program will be more open-ended, and include more trial and error. Some children revel at this opportunity, while others prefer a more directed experience.
- Can my 5yr old sign up? Unfortunately we are strict with our age cutoffs because we want to make sure each child has a great experience. The projects for these age groups are designed to be done without parent assistance and can be frustrating for younger students.
- Can I sign my child up for just one or two days? From June 16th- June 25th we will be offering our awesome single-day programs, Foundry Fundays. However, from June 28th – September 3rd, we will only be offering our full week program, Summer Circuits. We will also be offering individual, one-time classes select afternoons this summer (schedule TBA).
- Do I have to live in New York City to participate? Of course not! The benefit of these virtual sessions is now children all across the country can participate in our robot classes! Please remember to calculate the time difference and expect additional shipping charges if you are particularly far.
- What is the ratio of students to teachers? While we start and end our days as a big group, most of the time students are in breakout rooms with a maximum 6:1 student to teacher ratio. We may occasionally pull together a bigger group for a game or activity that works better with large numbers, but it is rare.
- Does my child need experience making robots? Not at all. We welcome new builders and experienced builders alike! We will always start each week with an introduction of our basic principles and add on new concepts throughout the week.
- My child has attended classes at the Robot Foundry in the past, will they have done any of these projects before? We introduce brand-new projects each summer for all of our sessions. Sometimes we do bring back something that was very popular in the past, but with a new twist!
- Can my child attend all day? Children can attend both the morning session (9a-12p ET) and the afternoon session (1-4p ET) but there will be a lunch break from 12-1, when children will have to log out of Zoom.
- Can my child attend all summer?
We offer 4 different groups of projects for children 6-9 years old. Each of these circuits has a specific theme, so they can attend all 4, but we do not suggest they repeat any. Children can attend two circuits during the same week (one morning, one afternoon) and/or they can spread them out over separate weeks. These circuits can be taken in any combination and any order – choose whatever works best for your schedule.
For children 8-12 years old, there are 2 themes, so they can take one or both, in any order. They can be taken during the same week (one morning, one afternoon) or separate weeks.
- Will my child be staring at a screen for 3 hours? Children will be logged into our Zoom classroom for the entire 3 hours, but they will not just be sitting there staring at the screen. Each day’s programming will include multiple movement breaks, hands-on activities, games and other fun that aim to engage children mentally, socially, and physically.
- Can my child attend with a friend? Yes, if you would like to sign your child up with friends in the same circuit, please contact our customer service team to let them know and we will group the children accordingly. Please note that each group is limited to 6 children, as we always adhere to our standard student:teacher ratio.