Pricing & Payment Policy
- All prices are in USD.
- Payments are processed using Stripe. All payments are secure, encrypted and comply with PCI standards.
- We will fulfill orders as quickly as possible. For everything except summer circuits, we ship the items on weekdays within 1-2 days of receiving the order. The only exception will be when a class is happening way in the future and the materials are still being produced. For those rare exceptions, the website will tell you when the items will ship out so you will know before you purchase.
- Summer circuit materials will be shipped out a minimum of 12 days before the start of the session. Registration closes 14 days before the start of the session.
- All shipments are done via Fedex. When you checkout you have the option to choose the Fedex shipping method that works best for you (Fedex Ground Home, Overnight, etc).
- Your data is protected and secure. We never sell your information.
- All Zoom classes require passwords for security. Only individuals who sign up for the sessions are provided with the Zoom ID and password information for the session.
- All Zoom classes are recorded for security reasons and stored on Zoom’s secure cloud server.
- The Zoom recordings will never be used for external or marketing purposes.
What is a credit? A credit is money that will go back into your account but not back onto your credit card. You can find your credits when you register for your next program in your Foundry online account. All credits expire in one year from issue date and are not transferable to other accounts. Credits can be used at any location.
What is a refund? A refund is when we give you the money back on your credit card.
- No refunds
- No credits
- We can transfer your child to another week/day so long as there is availability. However once your materials have been shipped, no transfers are possible.
- You are allowed one transfer at no cost but all subsequent transfers will incur a $25 fee.
- If your child is sick or misses a day, they can make up the missed project the next time the project is made (subject to availability). If your child misses a class where the missed class was the last one offered, we will not be able to offer a makeup.
For After School (Cancellations)
- If you cancel on or before 30 days before the start of the session, you get a refund.
- After that date, there is a nonrefundable cancellation fee of $150. And the remaining balance will become a credit on your account. The credit can be used towards a different session, class or birthday party. The credit expires in one year. The credit is NOT transferable to another account.
- However, after the materials have been shipped which is usually within 12 days of the start of the session, no credit or refund of any kind will be given.
- We reserve the right to cancel a program due to low registration. If this happens, you will be refunded your full amount.
For After School (Makeups)
- No credit nor refunds will be given for missed after school classes. But you can do a make-up class (see bullets below).
- The only exception to this policy will be if a session is canceled due to an act of nature (most commonly a snow day). If this happens you can do a makeup day on a different day of the week or can take a weekend class.
- To schedule your make-up, you must contact us first and we will coordinate the date to do the makeup.
- For in person classes, your child can make-up a class as long as they go on a day with the same curriculum. If we don’t offer more than one class for an age group at a location, you can make-up the class at another location.
- For all classes, you are allowed 3 make-up classes per semester. Email our customer service team to schedule the makeup. For online classes, we will fit you in to the next class that is making that project. For in person classes, the project that they will be doing in the make-up class may be a project that they have already done or will do.
- For all classes, the make-up must occur within one week of the missed class and must be within the same semester.
- For all classes, if you miss the final week of the semester, you won’t have the ability to do a make-up.
- For in person classes, we can NOT offer school pickup on make-up days.
- For in person classes, we can NOT guarantee that your child can do homework help on the make-up day.
For After School (Transfers)
- If you switch which day of the week your child is enrolled in the afterschool program before the program starts, the first transfer is free. All subsequent transfers will incur a $25 fee.
- If you switch which day of the week your child is enrolled in the afterschool program after the program starts, there will be a $125 transfer processing fee.
- All transfers are subject to availability.
- All transfers must occur within the same semester. Otherwise it will be considered a cancellation (see above).
- All payments are nonrefundable.
- If the party is canceled by the Client more than 5 days before the event, no refund will be made but you will have an opportunity to reschedule the event within 1 year of the originally scheduled event.
- If the party is canceled by the Client less than 5 days before the event, no refund or credit of the deposit will be given.
- For in person parties, if a citywide emergency causes NYC to cancel public schools and/or the MTA to shut down all public transportation, the event will be rescheduled at the earliest date that works for both Client and Vendor.
For everything EXCEPT summer, after school & parties:
- Online classes may be cancelled for no charge up until the point when the materials are shipped. Once materials are shipped, no cancellations are possible and you will be not issued a refund or credit.
- For in person classes, if you tell us before the session starts:
- If a session is full, we can give you a credit minus $25 (administrative fee) if we can fill the spot from the wait-list.
- If the session is NOT full, we can give you a credit minus $25 (administrative fee)
- For in person classes, if you tell us on the day of the session or afterwards, then you will NOT get a credit nor a refund.
- For both in person and online classes, if you need to transfer your child to another equivalent session, that can be done as long as there are spaces available. You are allowed one transfer at no cost but all subsequent transfers will incur a $25 fee.
At the Brooklyn Robot Foundry, we feel it is our responsibility to make robots accessible to everyone. We are actively working to provide complete accessibility to our online platforms to people with disabilities. If any information about our programs is not accessible to you, please send an email to email@example.com.
Our Customer Service will assist you promptly with your questions.
Closed Captioning and Audio Description services are available to online classes upon request with at least 2 weeks in advance.