What to Expect:
Students will build, and take home, a new robot project each class. Our robot projects are the perfect combination of didactic, giving children a clear path to success, and open-ended, allowing for creativity and independent thought. Plus, they light up, spin, drive, or do something else that kids just love!
At the start of each class, children will be introduced to components and engineering concepts, and they’ll review all the parts in their individual RoboKits. Our amazing teachers will then guide the students through building their own super cool robot, step-by-step.
- Classes meet weekly for one hour (or longer at certain locations). All materials are supplied.
- Make-up classes are available for select classes only. Please email our customer service team for more information.
- Please bring water and a nut-free snack.
- Classes meet weekly for one hour via Zoom. Children work in small groups with a teacher, to allow for ample individual attention.
- We will send you a package before the session begins with the first 5 weeks’ materials, each wrapped individually. (There will be two additional packages sent throughout the session with the remaining individually-wrapped materials.) Pickup is available for local families.
- Online students are required to purchase a basic tool kit for $5. This one-time purchase will ensure students are equipped with the proper tools for future classes.
- Online make-up classes will be available at the middle and end of the session. Please email our customer service team to be placed in one of the make-up classes.
- Please note, we recommend registering 10+ days before the start of class if choosing standard shipping. Expedited shipping will be available at an additional cost. Local pickup is also available in Gowanus, Brooklyn, free of charge, until the day before class (Mon-Fri).
- Late registrations will be pro-rated based on the number of classes left in the session. This adjustment will be automatically applied in the cart. However, the materials fee will remain fixed for online classes, as the kits are packed into 5 or 6-week sets in advance.