Robot summers are the best! We can’t wait to be back in-person, building robots, playing games and having a great time with our friends this summer at our new, bigger, location in Gowanus!
We will rotate through 4 distinct programs this summer, each featuring a super fun theme for all of our robots and other projects. These weeks can be taken in any combination or order, but should not be repeated.
Since these programs take a lot of work to create, we are simply calling them Orange, Blue, Purple, & Green for now. As we finalize all the details, we will update this page with the proper theme names. But don’t let this stop you from registering – we know they’re all going to be amazing!
|1||June 28 – July 1*||Orange|
|2||July 5 – 8**||Green|
|3||July 11 – 15||Blue|
|4||July 18 – 22||Purple|
|5||July 25 – 29||Orange|
|6||Aug 1 – 5||Green|
|7||Aug 8 – 12||Blue|
|8||Aug 15 – 19||Purple|
|9||Aug 22 – 26||Orange|
|10||Aug 29 – Sept 2||Green|
*Programming for the week of June 28th will run Tuesday-Friday only and will be discounted for the shortened time period. We will be offering a single-day Foundry Funday on Monday, June 27th if you would like to enroll your child for the full week.
**We will be closed on Monday, July 4th. Programming this week will run Tuesday-Friday only and will be discounted for the shortened time period.
- Our Full Week Sessions run Monday – Friday from 9a – 3p, with optional extended-day until 5:30p. (Please note the weeks of June 28 and July 5 will only run Tuesday – Friday.)
- The sessions are all about fun. It’s our goal to make sure the kids all have a blast while doing and learning awesome things. No previous robot experience required!
- We have 4 weekly themes which will rotate throughout the summer. We will build one robot project, as well as additional crafts, from our theme each day. We will also be playing games, enjoying choice time, and having lots of movement breaks! We also plan to head to the nearby park whenever weather permits.
- All children will have to meet the current vaccination requirements of the Key to NYC guidelines to attend.
- We will follow current CDC & DOH guidance for social distancing and mask mandates. (As of winter 2022, children will be required keep 3 feet of distance from each other and to wear a mask, except when eating.)
- Drop-off and pick-up will happen at the door. Please understand that we can not allow parents or siblings inside the Foundry at this time.
- Our in-person programs are open to children 5-10 years old who are fully vaccinated. We will also be offering online programs this summer for children 6-12 years old.
Our Typical Day:
9:30 Morning Activity
10:15 Movement Break
10:30 Robot Build
12:00 Lunch and Outside Time
1:15 Choice time
2:00 Movement Break
2:10 Afternoon Activity
2:40 Share Out
(+Extended Day available until 5:30p)
$625 + $75 materials fee per week*
Extended Day Add-on (3-5:30p) $25/day
*4-day weeks: $500 program fee + $60 materials
10% Early Bird Discount
Register before February 21st to automatically receive 10% off the program fee.
- Where are you located? We are at 98 4th Street (@ Bond St.) in Gowanus, Brooklyn. Look for the bright orange doors!
- The class is sold out. What do I do now? Please email us. If the session is sold out, it means we have reached our capacity. However, if someone cancels we can reach out to you to see if you’d like to take their place.
- What is your cancellation policy? See our cancellation policy.
- When is morning drop-off? Our doors open at 9am.
- When is pick-up? Pickup is at 3pm.
- Will you be offering an extended day option? Yes, we will have an Extended Day add-on option available until 5:30p each day. You must choose this option at the time of registration to guarantee a space. Or you may add it on later, as space permits.
- What should my child bring?
- A packed lunch (that does not contain any nuts or peanuts)
- A snack (that does not contain any nuts or peanuts)
- A water bottle
- A reusable tote to bring their robots home
- Please apply sunscreen before arriving
- Will food/lunch/snacks be provided? No, we do not provide food. Please send your child with a packed lunch and snacks that do not contain any nuts or peanuts.
- Some programs that my children attend require medical forms from our doctor. Does your program require this form? No, we do not need that form. We just need you to fill out all information during the registration process which includes general medical questions about your child.
- Will my child take the robots home? Yes! One of the criteria we use when designing our activities is selecting materials and projects that kids can continue to work on and tinker with after the program is over.
- Will there be outside time each day? We will spend some time outside every day. Please send your child with appropriate clothing (raincoats, sunblock applied, bug spray, etc).
- What ages do you accept into the sessions? Our in-person sessions are for 5-10 year olds. We also offer online sessions for 6-12 year olds.
- My child has never built robots before, is that okay? Sure, no problem at all! They don’t have to have any experience, we will teach them all they need to know.
- What is the child to teacher ratio? The ratio is up to 8 children to one adult staff member.