Thanks for all of your interest in our programs! We have officially closed the registration for all of our Fall 2015 Afterschool Sessions.
If you are currently on a waitlist, it is unfortunately unlikely that you will get into a session. The only way to move from the waitlist is for a current student to cancel. That does not happen very often!
We will be posting the Spring Afterschool in late November. Feel free to join our mailing list to be alerted when the next semester’s registration is opened.
Thank you all for a truly wonderful summer! We can’t believe that Friday was our last day of summer sessions. What a great journey we have had!!!
With our awesome staff of over 20 incredible people we built about 1400 robots with about 675 students! Wow, that is a lot of batteries, wires, motors and LEDS! The kids had a blast and so did we!
We are taking the next week off and then will start going again with All Day Sessions on Sept 14th and 15th. (Brooklyn Info & Manhattan Info)
Our afterschool programs start on September 16th. (Brooklyn Info & Manhattan Info). Many of our programs are full but there are still a few spots available. Check out the links above to see what we have left.
We will be officially launching a Tiny Builders 6-week session shortly in both locations. These sessions will be for 2-4 year olds to build awesome robot creations with their caregivers.
More info on Family Club and Weekend Classes will be posted in the upcoming weeks!
Our Birthday Parties are also filling up really fast. We launched a new and improved way to book them directly on our website (Brooklyn Info & Manhattan Info).
Looking forward to seeing everyone again in the school year!
Have a great Labor Day weekend!
We have been getting a lot of calls about availability in this week’s summer session. I am sorry to say that we are completely full for the all day sessions. We do not offer single day sessions.
We do have spots available in our Open Play sessions that run from 3:30-6:30 Monday-Friday.
Summer Open Play
Ends Sept 4th
Manhattan Information and Preregistration
72 Warren Street in Tribeca!
Brooklyn Information and Preregistration
303 3rd Avenue in Gowanus!
Rules of Open Play
- Hours- 3:30-6:30 Monday- Friday
- You must create an account before you arrive (see Open Play pages for details)
- Open play is first come, first serve. You won’t be able to register for a certain date and time. You can think of it like a restaurant that doesn’t take reservations but normally has tables available for people who walk in.
- If you want your child to build a robot, they must stay at least 2 hours. If they are going to just play with us, they can stay as short as 1/2 hour.
- We cap each day at 12 kids. We don’t normally get to that number but you can call ahead to confirm there are still spots. Everything is first come, first serve.
- We can accommodate up to 8 kids at a time building electronic robots. When you arrive, we will let you know how long (if any) of a wait there will be to build.
- If no kids are present at 5:15 pm each day, we may decide to close early.
What an incredible summer it’s been! We are in the middle of our inclusion week in Brooklyn and our Robot Vehicles week in Manhattan. We are making amazing robots and learning a ton of cool engineering terms in the process.
Summer sessions will only last for two more weeks, but our fall after school sessions will begin on September 16th in Brooklyn and Manhattan.
It’s been a blast and we can’t wait to see many of you throughout the school year for after school, weekend classes, birthdays or mini sessions!
Enjoy the last few weeks of summer.
Team Brooklyn ROBOT Foundry
Two Week East Hampton Popup!
For two weeks we will be invading the Hamptons with our awesome robot creations. Bring your K-4th grader to us and we will teach them all about the wonders of engineering while they build their very own customized robots! They even get to take the robots home. From bumper cars to submarines to robotic lasers to drumming robots… your kids will have an amazing time!
Info About Event:
- Sessions run Monday through Friday, Aug 3rd-14th
- Location: East Hampton High School in East Hampton, NY
- Full Day (10am-3pm) or Half Day (10am-12pm) options
- $180 for Full Day, $100 for Half Day
- K-4th graders
- Optional 9am drop off/ 4pm pick up
- Different projects every day!
- Sign up for as many days as you want
- Scholarships available!
- More details
We are nearing the end of July and still having a blast here at the Brooklyn Robot Foundry! We cannot wait for next week when we open our first pop-up in East Hampton. In the meantime, we wanted to share a few pics of all of the awesome robots we’ve been building!!
We look forward to seeing some of you in the Hamptons and the rest of you at our Brooklyn or Tribeca location.
Also, after-school has been posted for Brooklyn and Tribeca! Check out our offerings and sign up as spots go quickly!
We will be closed for the July 4th weekend. We will be open for normal hours starting on Monday, July 6th.
Summer programs are now in full swing!
We are in our first week in Brooklyn and our second week in Tribeca.We are already having so much fun and building amazingly awesome robots! The kids are having a blast and the teachers are too. It’s going to be a fantastic summer!
Athena helps her table twist wires.
While, Danny has too much fun putting gearboxes together
Table “Super Bots” and “The Electric Chargers” begin work on their rowboats!
Completed Fish Boats
Our retail associate is out for a bit traveling the world and seeing great things.
May 13th- May 26th – CLOSED
May 27th-June 2nd- Normal Hours- Wed-Sat 12-7
June 3rd-June 16th- CLOSED
June 18th- onwards- Normal Hours- Wed-Sat 12-7
Our afterschool classes and parties are still happening as normal!