What’s better than a day off from school? Spending it building robots with us!
Full-Day registration is open for the following dates:
February 17th – 21st
April 9th, 10th & 13th – 17th
June 4th & 9th
We offer two different programs each day:
|Robot Making||K-4th||$120 +
$30 material fee
$30 material fee
All of our programs have a few things in common:
- We share our knowledge of mechanical engineering and electrical principles with kids in a fun and engaging way. We bring out toys and models that help convey how electricity, gears, motors, and other things work. We always reinforce their learning by calling on prior knowledge and experience.
- The sessions are fun. Super fun! It’s our goal to make sure the kids all have a blast while doing and learning awesome things. No previous robot experience required!
- Our day-long sessions run from 9a-3p. We also offer an extended day option (until 6pm), for families requiring more coverage.
Most children will enroll in our standard Robot Making program. This option is for children in K-4th grades. Students will build and take home 2 awesome projects per day! Take a look at what’s coming up:
We’ll be posting more of our upcoming projects soon!
We offer a limited number of Robot Inventor spots each session, for returning students in 3rd-5th grade who are now ready to make their own creations! This option allows our more experienced students to create and build whatever they want during the session. It also allows different age siblings to be enrolled in age-appropriate programs on the same day.
*Your child must be in 3rd grade or above, and have taken either a semester of after school or two weeks of summer in the past year with us in order to enroll as an Inventor.*
Watch this video to see what some of our students say about the Inventors class:
- The class is sold out. What do I do now? Once a session is sold out, you will see a “waitlist” link. Please click on that and add your information. If spaces become available, we will let you know!
- What is your cancellation policy? See our cancellation policy.
- Did my registration go through okay? If you completed the registration process, the last thing you will see is a confirmation screen. You will also receive an email confirming your order. If you didn’t get to a screen where you entered your email address and credit card information, then you didn’t complete the registration.
- When is morning drop-off? Our doors open at 8:40 am. Class officially starts at 9:00 am.
- When is pick-up? Pickup is at 3:00.
- Will you be offering an extended day option? Yes. We offer an extended day until 6pm. Extended day requires pre-registration.
- What should my child bring?
- A packed lunch (that does not contain any nuts or peanuts)
- At least one snack (that does not contain any nuts or peanuts)
- A water bottle
- Rain gear & sunscreen if applicable (we will go outside most days)
- A reusable tote to bring their robots home
- Will food/lunch/snacks be provided? No, we do not provide food. Please send your child with a packed lunch and snacks that do not contain any nuts or peanuts of any kind.
- Some programs that my children attend require medical forms from our doctor. Does your program require this form? No, we do not need that form. We just need you to fill out all information during the registration process which includes general medical questions about your child.
- My child has a scooter. Can they store it at the Foundry while they are in the session? Sure! But we don’t have room for bikes and strollers to stay the full day.
- Will my child take the robots home? Yes! One of the criteria we use when designing our activities is selecting materials and projects that kids can continue to work on and tinker with after the program is over.
- Will there be outside time each day? We always try to spend some time outside every day. Please send your child with appropriate clothing (raincoats, sunblock, etc).
- What ages do you accept into the sessions? K-4th graders
- What does a typical day look like?
- 8:40-9:00 Drop off
- 9:00 Discovery & exploration
- 9:30 Robot/structure building activity #1
- 10:30 Snack
- 11:00 Choice time
- 12:00 Visit to park to eat lunch
- 1:00 Robot/structure building activity #2
- 2:30 Wrap up and clean up
- 3:00 Pick-up
- My child has never built robots before, is that okay? Sure, no problem at all! They don’t have to have any experience, we will teach them all they need to know.
- What is the child to teacher ratio? The ratio is about 6 children to one adult staff member.
- Who are we? We started Brooklyn Robot Foundry to inspire and motivate kids by teaching them about the fun of building. We love the idea of learning and coming together through making things. We believe in the DIT—do it together— mentality and the importance of building a community around this common goal. We have backgrounds in mechanical engineering, software, education, music and fine art. We strive to make an environment that is educational, community based and most of all fun.