- Kids bring home a robot that they have built
- We share our knowledge of mechanical engineering and electrical principles by bringing out toys and other objects that reinforce learning by calling on prior knowledge and experience.
- The classes are fun. Super fun! It’s our goal to make sure the kids all have a blast while doing and learning awesome things.
During the school year, we offer classes on select Saturdays and Sundays. These classes are designed to accommodate multiple levels of builders and have two project options per class.
During the summer we offer classes on select weekdays after our regular day sessions. We also offer full day and week long Summer Sessions. The summer classes will have one building option each day.
All of our classes are listed below. Find the one that is right for your child! All programs are designed as drop-off. Prices vary based on material cost and length of classes.
If you have any questions, you can always contact us and we can help you choose the right class.
$30 Earliest Bird Price // $40 Early Bird Price // $65 Normal Class Price
October 21st: 10:00AM – 2:00PM Robot Halloween Costume (ages 7-12)- registration closed for this class
October 28th: 1:00 – 2:30 PM Laser Bot (ages 5-10) & Tricycle (ages 5-8)
November 11th: 10-11:30 AM UFO (ages 5-9) & Lighthouse (ages 6-10)
November 19th: 3:30-5:00 Crown (ages 5-7) & Pom Pom Launcher ( 6-10)
December 2nd: 1:00-2:30 AM Spinning Wand (ages 5-10) & Dancing Robot (ages 7-10)
December 9th: 10:00-11:30 Flinger (ages 5-10) & Door Sign (ages 6-10)
December 17th: 1:00-2:30 PM Vibrating Box (ages 5-8) & Plow (ages 7-10)
Customized Halloween Costume Class
At the end of the session, your child will walk away with a completely custom, electronics integrated, awesome Halloween costume!
Some examples from past years are Box Trolls, Light-up Skeletons and characters from Doc Who! 🙂
- Class is for 7-12 year olds only
- The instructor to kid ratio will be one-to-one
- Course includes one 45-minute planning session with our instructor
- Children should come to the planning session knowing what they want to be for Halloween (or at least have a few solid ideas)
- Course includes one 4-hour building session – on Sat, Oct 21st from 10 am- 2 pm
- Cost includes materials to make the costume, though we may ask you to provide clothing items like black pants, long sleeved shirt, etc.
- All costumes will incorporate electronics in one way or another. Our instructors will help brainstorm how during the planning session.
- This is a drop-off, kids only class..
- The class is sold out. What do I do now? Once a session is sold out, you will see a “waitlist” link. Please click on that and add your information. If spaces become available, we will let you know!
- What is your cancellation policy? See our cancellation policy.
- Did my registration go through okay? If you completed the registration process, the last thing you will see is a confirmation screen. You will also receive an email confirming your order. If you didn’t get to a screen where you entered your email address and credit card information, then you didn’t complete the registration.
- Will food be provided? No, we do not provide food.
- My child has a scooter. Can they store it at the Foundry while they are in the session? Sure! But we don’t have room for bikes and strollers.
- Will my child take the robots home? Yes! One of the criteria we use when designing our activities is selecting materials and projects that kids can continue to work on and tinker with after the program is over.
- My child has never built robots before, is that okay? Sure, no problem at all! They don’t have to have any experience, we will teach them all they need to know.
- What is the child to teacher ratio? The ratio is about 6 children to one adult staff member.
- Who are we? We started Brooklyn Robot Foundry to inspire and motivate kids by teaching them about the fun of building. We love the idea of learning and coming together through making things. We believe in the DIT—do it together— mentality and the importance of building a community around this common goal. We have backgrounds in mechanical engineering, software, education, music and fine art. We strive to make an environment that is educational, community based and most of all fun.