- We teach children primary mechanical engineering and electrical principles through hands-on learning. Children will build and create a specific project in each class. We use toys and other objects that reinforce learning by calling on prior knowledge and experience.
- The classes are fun. Super fun! It’s our goal to make sure the kids all have a blast while doing and learning awesome things.
- Students get to take home the robot that they built, for continued fun and learning.
During the school year, we offer classes on select Saturdays and Sundays. These classes are designed to accommodate multiple levels of builders and have two project options per class.
During the summer we offer classes on select weekdays, after our regular day sessions. The summer classes will have one building option each day. We also offer full day and week long Summer Sessions.
All of our classes are listed below. Find the one that is right for your child! All programs are designed as drop-off. Prices vary based on material cost and length of classes.
If you have any questions, you can always contact us and we can help you choose the right class.
$30 Earliest Bird Price // $40 Early Bird Price // $65 Normal Class Price
2018/2019 Weekend Classes:
|Date||Time||Project (details below)|
|Sat. 1/12||10:00 – 11:30 AM||Ball-in-Cup (Ages 6-8)
Basketball (Ages 7-10)
|Sun. 1/27||1:00 – 2:30 PM||Sail Car (Ages 5-7)
Treasure Rover (Ages 7-10)
|Sun. 2/24||3:30 – 5:00 PM||Light Piano (Ages 6-9)
Mini Wind Tunnel (Ages 7-10)
|Sat. 3/9||1:00 – 2:30 PM||Fish-on-a-stick (Ages 5-7)
Doorbell (Ages 6-9)
|Sat. 3/23||3:30 – 5:00 PM||Sail Car (Ages 5-7)
Treasure Rover (Ages 7-10)
- The class is sold out. What do I do now? Once a session is sold out, you will see a “waitlist” link. Please click on that and add your information. If spaces become available, we will let you know!
- What is your cancellation policy? See our cancellation policy.
- Did my registration go through okay? If you completed the registration process, the last thing you will see is a confirmation screen. You will also receive an email confirming your order. If you didn’t get to a screen where you entered your email address and credit card information, then you didn’t complete the registration.
- Will food be provided? No, we do not provide food.
- My child has a bike/scooter. Can they store it at the Foundry while they are in the session? Sure! But we don’t have room for bikes and strollers.
- Will my child take the robots home? Yes! One of the criteria we use when designing our activities is selecting materials and projects that kids can continue to work on and tinker with after the program is over.
- My child has never built robots before, is that okay? Sure, no problem at all! They don’t have to have any experience, we will teach them all they need to know.
- What is the child to teacher ratio? The ratio is about 6 children to one adult staff member.
- Who are we? We started Brooklyn Robot Foundry to inspire and motivate kids by teaching them about the fun of building. We love the idea of learning and coming together through making things. We believe in the DIT—do it together— mentality and the importance of building a community around this common goal. We have backgrounds in mechanical engineering, software, education, music and fine art. We strive to make an environment that is educational, community based and most of all fun.