Check out our one time classes!
All of our programs have a few things in common:
- Kids bring home a robot that they have built
- We share our knowledge of mechanical engineering and electrical principles with kids as well. We bring out toys and other objects that help convey how electricity, gears, motors, and other things work, and reinforce their learning by calling on prior knowledge and experience.
- The classes are fun. Super fun! It’s our goal to make sure the kids all have a blast while doing and learning awesome things.
All of our classes are listed below. Find the one that is right for your child! All programs are designed as drop-off. Prices vary based on material cost and length of classes.
If you have any questions, you can always contact us and we can help you choose the right class.
|Age Range||Class/Program Name||Class Dates||Cost|
|5-9||One Time Classes||3/18 at various times||$65|
Thanks for your interest!! Looking forward to seeing you at the foundry!
One Time Classes
During the school year, we offer one Saturday and one Sunday group class per month. These classes are designed to accommodate multiple levels of builders. We will organize the room into stations so that we can build different robots during the session. You will be able to choose in the registration process which robot you want your child to build during their 1.5 hour class. Each child will build one robot which they will take home with them.
During the summer we offer classes on select weekdays from 4:00-5:30 pm. We also offer week long Summer Sessions. The summer classes will have one building option each day. Each child will build and take home the robot.
Ice Skater (*See button above for registration)
- One of our winter themed robots. We will learn about magnets and gearboxes.
- 6-8 year olds
- This is a drop-off, kids only class.
- Sat, March 18th, 1:00-2:30 pm
Battleship (*See button above for registration)
- A DIY take on a classic game! We’ll talk about circuits and buzzers in this class.
- 5-7 year oldsThis is a drop-off, kids only class.
- Sat, March 18th, 1:00-2:30 pm
- The class is sold out. What do I do now? Once a session is sold out, you will see a “waitlist” link. Please click on that and add your information. If spaces become available, we will let you know!
- What is your cancellation policy? See our cancellation policy.
- Did my registration go through okay? If you completed the registration process, the last thing you will see is a confirmation screen. You will also receive an email confirming your order. If you didn’t get to a screen where you entered your email address and credit card information, then you didn’t complete the registration.
- Will food be provided? No, we do not provide food.
- My child has a bike/scooter. Can they store it at the Foundry while they are in the session? Sure! But we don’t have room for bikes and strollers.
- Will my child take the robots home? Yes! One of the criteria we use when designing our activities is selecting materials and projects that kids can continue to work on and tinker with after the program is over.
- My child has never built robots before, is that okay? Sure, no problem at all! They don’t have to have any experience, we will teach them all they need to know.
- What is the child to teacher ratio? The ratio is about 6 children to one adult staff member.
- Who are we? We started Brooklyn Robot Foundry to inspire and motivate kids by teaching them about the fun of building. We love the idea of learning and coming together through making things. We believe in the DIT—do it together— mentality and the importance of building a community around this common goal. We have backgrounds in mechanical engineering, software, education, music and fine art. We strive to make an environment that is educational, community based and most of all fun.