Parent/Caregiver & Child Classes
Tiny Builders is a class for our smallest robot-makers (2-4yrs), along with their parent/caregiver. In these classes we build robots, tell stories about robots, color robots, and maybe even dance like robots – all while learning fun tidbits about engineering! We believe in a Do-It-Together philosophy, so in this class both child and caregiver build and learn together.
Classes are offered in short semesters (to accommodate children’s changing nap schedules!). Each week the children (with the help of the caregiver) will be building a different project, such as a robot that flies in a parachute or a robotic puppet. We introduce a new curriculum each semester, so you can sign up for many sessions in a row without repeating projects!
Children will take home their creations each week, so the exploration and discovery can continue at home!
Our Fall Schedule will be announced soon!
- The class is sold out. What do I do now? Once a session is sold out, you will see a “waitlist” link. Please click on that and add your information. If spaces become available, we will let you know!
- What is your cancellation policy? See our cancellation policy.
- I bought the trial class and loved it. Now I want to sign up for all the remaining weeks. How do I do that? It’s a bit clunky but just sign up for the full session. Then reply to your confirmation email and tell us you did the trial class. We will refund you the difference so you don’t overpay. We are working on a more automatic system but right now unfortunately that part is manual.
- Are there any make-up classes? You can make up 1 class for sessions less than 4 weeks long and 2 classes for sessions that last 5 or more weeks. The project you do in the make-up class may be a repeat. You must coordinate all make-ups with our customer service team to ensure there is room for you in that class. Make-ups can either happen at a different location or at the same location on a later date. All make-ups have to occur within 6 months of missing the session.
- Can a child this young really build? Yes! Our youngest builders will need help from their caregivers at the beginning but soon all of the kids will be able to build the circuits themselves.
- Is there anything I should know before the class? Yes. We would love it if the caregiver who attends with the child allows the child to explore and try building on their own. You are definitely building the projects together but we ask that you give your child the chance to participate rather than doing it all for them. Most Tiny Builders can do the majority of the project with only limited guidance. The most amazing way for kids to learn is to let them try things, let them fail, let them succeed even if they do it a bit slower than the grown-ups are used to. It is really a wonderful experience to see your child invent new things!
If you have any questions, you can always contact us.