This course will introduce students 6-10 years old to basic engineering concepts through the fun of hands-on robot building. Our amazing teachers will guide students through the entire process, allowing the children to build independently.
We are currently offering an 8-class session, called Makers 1, as well as a 4-class session, with different projects, called Makers B. Students will be placed into small, interactive classes for the whole series.
After registering, students will be sent a package of the essential robot parts for the whole series, as well as a list of household supplies they will need on hand (screwdriver, tape, etc.). Or you can purchase our tool add-on kit to be sent with your order.
Once you receive your robot kit, please contact us so we can put your child in the next open session. Please note that shipping times are difficult to predict. and as a result, we can not guarantee that you will start on a specific date. We ask that you order your kit no less than 10 days before the start of your desired session.
|Tuesdays & Thursdays|
3-4pm EDT/ 12-1pm PDT
|September 8, 10, 15 & 17||MakersB|
*We suggest you order kits at least 10 days in advance of the first class to allow sufficient time for delivery. Later shipments may require expedited shipping at an additional fee.
Makers 1: 8-Class Course: $300
Makers B: 4-Class Course: $160
- Is it okay if my child has never taken a class with you before? Yes! We love meeting new students and we will be starting every new session with the basics, so no one will ever feel behind.
- My child is very mature for their age, may I sign them up for a session that is above their age level? Sorry, but we are strict with ages levels to ensure that children have a great experience during our classes.
- Are there any make-up classes? We will do our best to schedule another online session for your child for the project that they missed. The makeup class will have to be on a different day and/or time than their normal classes.
- My child was in your summer session and/or one of your other after school programs. Will the curriculum for this program be different? This class is intended to be an introductory class for new students and does features some of our “best of” projects from past seasons. We are currently working on additional curricula for returning students and hope to launch that soon. In the meantime, please sign up for any One Time Classes for projects your child hasn’t yet built.
- What is your cancellation policy? See our cancellation policy.
- What does my child need for the class? You will need a computer or iPad with a working camera and microphone, as well as the Zoom app. We will provide you with a how-to guide on using Zoom for the class. We will also provide you with a list of basics, many of which you probably already own. In the case that you don’t have something, you can easily order it directly from our Amazon wish list. Or order one of our Tool add-ons when you purchase the session.