This 8-class course is for new students, 6-10 years old. Students will be introduced to basic engineering concepts through the fun of hands-on robot building. Our amazing teachers will guide students through the entire process, allowing the children to build independently.
Students will be placed into small, interactive classes for the whole series. Classes start May 5th with new sessions beginning often. Classes take place weekdays from 2-3p EST. You can choose whichever option best works with your schedule – Mon/Wed/Fri, Tues/Thur or 8 school days in a row.
After registering, students will be sent a package of the essential robot parts for the whole series, as well as a list of supplies they will need on hand (screwdriver, tape, etc.). We offer an add-on kit of tool and craft supply kit.
Once you receive your robot kit, please contact us so we can put your child in the next open session.
Due to the pandemic, shipping times are difficult to predict. Because of this, we cannot guaranty that you will start on a specific date. As individuals receive their kits, we will slot them into the next available class on the schedule that works for them.
|1||Tuesday, Thursday||May 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 21, 26 & 28|
|2||Monday, Wednesday, Friday||May 11, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 27 & 29|
|3||Sequential school days||May 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20|
|4||Tuesday, Thursday||May 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28 June 2, 4|
|5||Monday, Wednesday, Friday||May 18, 20, 22, 27, 29 June 1, 3, 5|
|6||Sequential school days||May 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29 June 1, 2|
|7||Monday, Wednesday, Friday||June 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 17|
|8||Tuesday, Thursday||June 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25|
|9||Sequential school days||June 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12|
|10||Monday, Wednesday, Friday||June 8, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24|
|11||Tuesday, Thursday||June 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30|
|12||Sequential school days||June 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24|
8-Class Course Cost: $300
- Is it okay if my child has never taken a class with you before? Yes! We love meeting new students and we will be starting every new session with the basics, so no one will ever feel behind.
- My child is very mature for their age, may I sign them up for a session that is above their age level? Sorry, but we are strict with ages levels to ensure that children have a great experience during our classes.
- Are there any make-up classes? We will do our best to schedule another online session for your child for the project that they missed. The makeup class will have to be on a different day and/or time than their normal classes.
- My child was in your summer session and/or one of your other after school programs. Will the curriculum for this program be different? This class is intended to be an introductory class for new students and does features some of our “best of” projects from past seasons. We are currently working on additional curricula for returning students and hope to launch that soon. In the meantime, please sign up for any One Time Classes for projects your child hasn’t yet built.
- What is your cancellation policy? See our cancellation policy.
- What does my child need for the class? You will need a computer or iPad with a working camera and microphone, as well as the Zoom app. We will provide you with a how-to guide on using Zoom for the class. We will also provide you with a list of basics, many of which you probably already own. In the case that you don’t have something, you can easily order it directly from our Amazon wish list. Or order one of our Tool add-ons when you purchase the session.